Grow your business in Europe with our TPD Notification Service
Do you wish grow your vape business in the UK and other EU member states? We can help. In May 2016 new rules came into force which means vape products must be notified to the authorities before they can be sold. We can assist your company to prepare and submit the required product notifications with our TPD Notification Service.
What data is to be submitted in the TPD notification?
The TPD requirements include:
- Administrative details such as the contact details of the producer, formulation, description of product and various declarations.
- Scientific data including the classification of each ingredient according to CLP Regulation EC 1272/2008, all known toxicological studies and emissions data.
- Sales information, the volume of sales, preference of consumer groups and mode of sales is to be reported (see TPD annual reporting).
How can we help?
We can help prepare and submit all that is required for the notification, including:
- Arrange e-cigarette emissions testing with a well-established, independent and experienced UK-based analytical laboratory.
- Acquire toxicological information on ingredients as per TPD requirements: emissions, cardiopulmonary, addictive data etc.
- Identify classification of labeling and packaging (‘CLP’) categorization (required).
- Prepare various technical documents for submission including the manufacturing process information (required).
Post-notification follow-up support
There maybe minor additional tasks once the notification is submitted such as responding to agency requests for information. We will provide support to ensure the notification is successful and help you answer any agency questions you receive.
How long will it take to make a notification?
- Notification preparation and submission: 10 to 15 days
- Emissions test at analytical lab: 10 to 12 working days
- Prepare Packaging/Labelling and other duties: 2 working days
How will you know the notification has been made?
Once submission has been made we provide you with the following:
- Product Identification codes: the EC-ID (E-Cigarette Identification number) for each product
- Submission response from European Commission system to confirm submission has been successful.
How much does it cost?