Get Tox Profiles for your Notifications
We provide toxicological profiles on ingredients for notification purposes through our Tox Service. The profiles are specially prepared by our in-house tox expert for submission in TPD notifications for vape products.
What are the TPD tox requirements?
Article 20.2.c of the TPD requires manufacturers to submit information on the available toxicological data on ingredients. Information to be submitted includes emissions, cardiopulmonary and addictive data on each ingredient.
About the Tox Profiles
Each profile contains the following information:
- Name and CAS number
- Available information on (as per TPD requirements):
- Existence of studies that inform about the chemistry and/or toxicity of emissions.
- Existence of any studies relating to the carcinogenicity, mutagenicity or toxicity for reproduction of the ingredient.
- Existence of in vitro and in vivo assays to evaluate the toxicological effects of the ingredient on the heart, blood vessels or respiratory tract
- Existence of an analysis of the possible addictive properties of the ingredient
- Existence of any other toxicological data
The profiles are prepared for easy upload to the notification and well-presented for easy assessment by the authority.
Who prepares the profiles?
The profiles are specially prepared for notification purposes by a qualified toxicology expert who has the necessary toxicological experience to write tox profiles on ingredients.
About the Tox Expert
- Extensive knowledge and experience in toxicology from a career spanning 30 years
- Worked in a wide range of industries: E-cigarette, pharmaceutical, chemical and agrochemical
- Performed human health risk assessments and literature reviews on a wide range of chemicals
- Senior positions held at two major tox research laboratories
His knowledge and experience makes him perfectly placed to prepare TPD compliant tox profiles on ingredients, and advise on other vape-related tox issues.
He is also a UK Home Office Project Licence Holder. Learn more about our expert toxicologist here.
Tried and Tested
The format of the profiles has been used in hundred’s of successful notifications, therefore, we guarantee that our profiles will be accepted for review by the authorities.
Other Tox Services:
In addition to preparing tox profiles to support notifications, our tox expert can perform other important duties, upon request, including:
- Human health risk assessments on formulations
- Study summaries and literature reviews on other vape-related safety issues