What is a TPD Consultant?
A TPD Consultant is a specialist advisor in the field of e-cigarette regulation – namely the Tobacco Products Directive. Medic Pro is a consultancy with TPD Consultants, among other specialist advisors.
What does a TPD Consultant do?
A TPD Consultant works with retailers, distributors and manufacturers of e-cigarettes and e-liquids to help them comply with the new TPD regulations.
On a typical day we undertake a whole range of duties, which include but not limited to:
- arrange e-cigarette testing at a specialist independent laboratory
- prepare and submit product notifications
- liaise with toxicologist in order to prepare a toxicological profile on an e-liquid ingredient
- act as the arbitrator between:
- the manufacturer and agency to resolve compliance issues
- two parties that are in dispute over notification or other regulatory matters
- support submitter in resolving notification content or technical issues
- assist retailers in responding to Trading Standard letters
What experience do our TPD Consultants have?
Our TPD consultants have backgrounds in pharmaceutical regulation. Given that e-cigarette regulation is based on pharmaceutical regulation, consultants with medical regulatory knowledge and experience are best placed to advise on the emerging e-cigarette regulations.
Our E-cigarette regulatory experience
We have been helping retailers, distributors and manufacturers understand the emerging e-cigarette regulations for over 3 years now. In the past, we have helped our clients with a range of activities: prepare and submit notifications, arrange emissions testing, prepare compliant packaging, advise on developing manufacturing standards, resolve notification issues/disputes and general regulatory enquiries.
Who have we worked with?
We have worked with a range of companies from small UK and international retailers to large well-established device manufacturers, e-liquid manufacturers and distributors, and a tobacco company.
We currently provide on-going support to a number of clients including two Chinese device manufacturers, a US high-end device brand, an EU e-liquid manufacturer/distributor and three UK retailers.
:: Click here to read about why our clients choose us.
:: Learn about how we have helped e-liquid and e-cigarette companies – Read a case study.
:: Read a testimonial from a satisfied client